Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Secret Project Revealed!


So, the book covers that I have been working on are close to being printed so I have permission to post one of the covers.

This is the cover for the first in the Third Grade Detectives series of books. They're short reads and intended, I think, for first graders. Not a bad read as far as first grade material goes. I'm only redoing the covers of the books and the inside illustrations stay the same (drawn by a different illustrator, not me). The publishing company I've been working with is Simon & Schuster, and working with them has been great! They're kind, understanding and polite. It's been a great opportunity working with them and I'm glad I can finally share this piece (though I finished this cover a year or so ago).

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Julia Marcum said...

That's awesome Lance!

Bear said...

Awesome! Remember that one conversation where you poo pooed being an illustrator for children's books?
I'm so confused.
You did a fabulous job. Although I'm not surprised. You've got talent!

Tiffany said...

EXCITING!! Great job, too!

Jeffrey said...

You have some great skill there, Lance! Great job.